The fact that millions of people share the same vices does not make these vices virtues, the fact that they share so many errors does not make the errors to be truths, and the fact that millions of people share the same forms of mental pathology does not make these people sane.
My Oingo Boingo blacklight poster and my Dazed and Confused poster, which are both screenprinted and measure in at 15”x20”, are available in my shop. Use the coupon code “GRANDOPENING” and get them for $18 a piece. (the coupon is good for 10% off of anything in the store.)
Take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magic.
Chromeography: Metal logos and lettering
Stephen, who featured in 8 Faces #2 and whose book The Geometry of Type we reviewed on Type worship, has been running the blog on tumblr since 2009. The collection of letters led to an exhibition last year at Mota Italic in Berlin and with it the creation of the Chromeography logo in collaboration with Laura Serra (another 8 Faces contributor ).
The myriad of myriad of lettering and logo are collected from all over the web with some shots by Coles. Not just vintage cars either but cameras, refrigerators, typewriters, and I even spotted a gun.
- Pink 1957 Cadillac front fender emblem (by Erin Ellis)
- A 1940s or ’50s Ford F-100 (by Marisa Burman)
- 1973 Yellow Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (by R. Gust Smith )
- 1960 Consul Typewriter 1531 Portable (by DeAnna Maurin)
- 1969 Red Chevrolet Chevelle SS Coupe (by Randy von Liski)
- 1963(?) Oldsmobile Starfire (by Mike Braaten)
- 1978–83 Dodge Street Van (by Thomas Hawk)
- Mercury Meteor by Mark F. Walker